Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Feb 8 Man of War in south Florida

Man of War invades south Florida

It's called a jellyfish but it's not. It's a collection of highly specialized
individuals. This animal can be found all over the Atlantic Ocean
and other oceans. But it's mostly found in tropical waters.
This animal is a big problem in Australia. Over 10,000 people a year
are stung by it.


A
The Man of War has returned to south Florida beaches.
Fortunately, I live in central Florida
and the water is cooler than south Florida.
So, there are no Man of War here.
Not yet!!!

B
That's not a tattoo. That's a sting from a man of war.
When I was younger, I visited Florida
 and got stung by a Man of War. It really hurt for about 4 hours.
There's was nothing I could do to stop the pain.
All you have to do is touch this animal and it hurts.
If you see it floating on the water... get out of the water!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like mine, that's so crazy! My encounter was in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. I still have the scar from 15 years ago! Just because they float on top of the water doesn't mean you will see them!! You're right, GET OUT OF THE WATER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch i have almost got stung by one but my mom pulled me out of the water just in time so no sting on me thank god because i was only 4 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that had to hurt a lot. it looks like a tatoo so much

    ReplyDelete