Sunday, December 12, 2010

Florida Stuff 12 - The Wild Horses of Corolla

A

What are those?   Those are horses, of course.
Where do they live?   They are the wild horses of Florida.
What? Are you sure that's Florida? 
Ok, not Florida but North Carolina.
Those are the wild horses of Corolla?              Yes, they are.
Why are you writing about North Carolina horses? 
Because I love horses.

These horses have been here for almost 500 years.
They are wild and beautiful. Thousands of tourists come
to see them every year.

B
Why do you like horses?       That's difficult to explain.
Can you try to explain?         No, I can't. You wouldn't understand.
Why wouldn't I understand?  Because you've never ridden a horse.
What does that mean?           There is a special bond between the horse and rider.
It's your pet?                          No, it's much more than that.

The horse and rider form a bond. It's a deep relationship.
Normally, one plus one equals two. But with a horse and rider
one and one equals one. In Japanese, it's called- 一体感。
Rider and horse are one. The joy of riding a horse can't be
explained in words,. It must be experienced.
                                         
                                                C                             
What are they doing?                They are having fun.
Horses can swim?                     Yes, they can.
What kind of horses are they?   They are Spanish Mustangs.
They came from Spain?             Yes, they were brought from Spain.
Do they speak Spanish?             Be serious please.
    
Horses are like you and me. They like to play and have fun.
These horses live on the outer banks of North Carolina.


                                               D                                 
What's he doing?                 He's touching one of the wild horses.
Is this ok?                            No, it's not!
Is it illegal?                         Yes, it is.
Can I feed the horses?         No, you can't.
What will happen if I do?   You will get in big trouble with me and the law.

We can't come within 50 feet of the horses or feed them.
These are wild horses not domestic horses.
Therefore, we must leave them alone.
Feel free to take pictures if you want.
There are also tours to take. Wild horses are cool!

                                          E                                      

What's this organization?           It's the Corolla Wild Horse Fund.
What do they do?                    They help protect the wild horses.
Can I help too?             Of course you can.
How can I contact them?    Go to their web-site.
What's the web address?  http://www.corollawildhorses.com/ 

The Corolla Wild Horse Fund is here to help
protect the wild horses. They will accept donations.
If you need more information please ask me.
Please visit the web-site.

Have a nice day!

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are great! If you would like to share with another online community, we would love to have them on the Encyclopedia of Life, an online curation. It’s best to join inaturalist.org and post pictures there. You can even directly import pictures from facebook. You can label the location and taxonomy (if you don’t know it, click “ID Please” and someone will label it for you) then we’ll post to the online curation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I(WENDY SELLS) would like to know what is the address for the Wild Horses because I want there address. from W.L.S>

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the address for the Wild Horses because you see I also Love Horses very much and again what is the address for the Wild Horses because I would like to know and I would like to write to them and send a message to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE ADDRESS FOR THE WILD Horses because I sure would like to know very much and also tell me how I can contact the people who are getting rid of the horses because I would like to write a letter to them and as for the horses people should learn how to treat horses very good by feeding the Horses and taking good care of the horses very much, from W.L.S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I(WENDY SELLS) would like to know what is the address for the Wild Horses because I sure would like to know very much and I would like to hear from someone as to what is the address for the wild Horses from W.L.S.

    ReplyDelete