Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hi, it's Saturday!

     Hi, there. I'm sorry I haven't written anything lately . It's not like I haven't written anything this week. No, not at all. I wrote a very good lesson about Niagara Falls. I have used it with some of my students. I'm writing a whole series of travel related lessons for intermediate and advanced students.
Eventhough I write these lessons, I tried to keep to the conversational usage of English instead of grammatical. The reaction from my students surprised me. They love it. The first lesson was about the Grand Canyon. The second was Aurora Borealis. The 4th one is about.....well, that's a secret! I don't even tell the students what the lesson is until we start. I'm going to continue to write "Travel Lessons" for a while. I'm sure I will make them available to Mr. Sakurai for his use.

まいど!なんか新しいことがありますか。”What’s new?”Ohio州では雪が山のようにつもった。Yes, that's right. I'm learning Kansaiben from a friend. 友達が教えてくれた。でも、へたくそうやなー!かんさいべん、わからへん!

1 comment:

  1. Hey great you're learning Kansai-ben. I love it! I made some Kansai-ben lessons you can learn from here. Since you can read Kanji and Hiragana and stuff they shouldn't be tough for you to follow. Enjoy!

    http://www.japannewbie.com/2007/02/17/kansai-ben-round-up/

    ReplyDelete