Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blogs

     I have been following the student blogs closely. Like I've said before, it's easier for me to read the blogs than a newspaper. All that aside, the students seem to be very pleased with "Sound Stream English". I very happy about this. Mr. Sakurai has worked very hard to write this program. The majority of the students are professional people. These students require a high level of English ability.
     They did not get it from the phonics based Japanese education system. If they did, why are they coming to us? Because, "Sound Stream" works. I didn't know it at the time, but I used the Sound Stream method myself. When I first started to study Japanese, I lived in Hawaii. I learned complete sentences from friends and tourists. I did not start out with あ、い、う、え、お No, my first sentence was- 私の名前はマイケルです。From there I learned to use more and more sentences by listening to native Japanese speakers. The proof is in the pudding!
    If you would like to hear an example of  "Sound Stream Japanese", please call me! People always say, "Michael you are so smart." I don't think so! All I did, was repeat everything I heard the way it was said to me. I have yet to translate "Sound Stream" to English. However, it works! I have yet to meet an American who can speak better Japanese than I can. Of course, there's always someone better. In the future, I plan to sell Mr. Sakurai's "Sound Stream Japanese". I'm sure it will be a success.


The Dragon - Episode 3 is coming soon, sorry for the delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment